Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Psalm 107 * He stilled the storm

He stilled the storm to a whisper, the waves of the sea were hushed. Psalm 107:29

Er verwandelte den Sturm in Stille und beruhigte die Wellen. Psalm 107:29


I am part of My Favorite Things design team and I love to create for this wonderful company. We have crafty challenges for everyone who wants to play along. There's a weekly sketch challenge, a by-weekly color combo challenge and more. This BAJ layout is inspired by the current sketch challenge. You can find the sketch and the product list below.

I started with the sea. It's just some simple ink blending using Distress Oxide ink and the Drifts & Hills stencil. It is such an easy but fun way to create an ocean scene. Next, I did the sun. I used Distress Oxide ink again and the Radiating Rays stencil. After ink blendig with the stencil, I did some more over the white spaces of the sun to get lighter and darker rays.

I wanted to highlight one verse, so I covered it with Purple Tape (or washi tape) and ink blended over it. After carefully removing the tape, you can see the highlighted words. I really like this effect.

Now for the little girl. I stamped her onto watercolor paper and colored her with Faber Castel Watercolor Markers. Then, I cut her out using the coordinating die. I glued her in place and stamped some fishes in Distress Oxide ink to give the ocean a bit more interest. Now, I added a handwritten note to the sun and my page was done.


I hope you got inspired. If you'd like to join the My Favorite Stamps Sketch Challenge, hop over to the MFT Blog! We would love to see what you create.

And if you enjoy Bible Art Journaling, check out two other projects using MFT supplies.



❤︎

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a blessed day,
Nicole


Products used:
Radiating Rays Stencil - My Favorite Things
Drifts & Hills Stencil - My Favorite Things
Drink up the Sunshine stamp & die - My Favorite Things
Friends with Fins - My Favorite Things
Distress Oxide Inks
Faber Castel Watercolor Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions and thank you so much for your feedback on my creative pages.